Sunday, January 1, 2012

He shoots! He scores??

   

   


     Because all the cool kids are doing it (and I am cool....right??), I've decided to post a few writing goals for 2012. It'll be short, I promise....


  1. First and foremost, I want to finish my NaNoWriMo novel. While I may have officially "won" National Novel Writing Month ( I have the certificate on my wall to prove it!), I'd still like to be able to stick a 'The End' on the caboose of my work.
  2. I want to write. Everyday. For, at least, an hour a day....maybe more. Even if it's just a paragraph, or two.  This will coincide, nicely, with number one.
  3. Read more. Yes, I know I said I was posting 'writing' goals but, I feel reading and writing go hand in hand. For me, it helps to see what I think works and doesn't work when writing. 
  4. Learn to self-edit. Not that I won't seek out others as beta readers or editors, but I think learning to edit for myself will help me (hopefully) avoid some of the more common errors I see in other's writings. Besides, I already got a great book on how to self-edit, so I might as well make use of it. :)
  5. Stop comparing myself to others. Period. The end. In my view, this is the biggest of the self destructive behaviors that a writer can have. I need to stop it. Pronto like Tonto.
   
     See? I told you it would be short.

     How about you? Any goals you're trying to accomplish?

     This time next year, I'll revisit this post with an update for these goals. Hopefully, I'll have a check mark for each....

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are good goals. I should had #5 to my list. :)

Mark Means said...

It's the one I think I struggle with the most, Kelly. I think it's an attainable goal, though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...