Friday, January 25, 2013

The Friday Five



It's Friday!!

The work week is almost over (for most of us) and people are gearing up for weekend festivities. The wife is going out of town with her sister, so things will be a bit quieter around the old homestead for the next two days. It'll just be me and Jasmine the Wondercat. As for my 'festivities', I'll plan on doing a bit of writing, some editing, some World of Warcraft-ing as well as a few naps in between. 

Can't forget the naps! It's something that Jasmine can appreciate, as well.

From a writing perspective, I feel I've been fairly productive this week. To that end, here's my "Friday Five" to illustrate....in no particular order:

1. I took part in The My Favorite Martian bloghop. Not only was it a lot of fun visiting other people's blogs and seeing their picks, it was pretty entertaining in a few other respects. The first, and most amazing to me, was the number of people who had never heard of Ultraman (my pick) before. The second was being reminded of aliens I hadn't thought of in a long time....like ALF and Mork from Ork. All in all, it was a great idea for a hop and I look forward to more like it.

2. I started going back and reading/editing my NaNo project, The T.E.M.P Agency. The excerpt I posted got a few kind words, which felt great, and was some nice encouragement to keep going.

3. I worked a bit more on my murder/mystery story, set against the backdrop of Lucha Libre wrestling. Fleshing out some characters and ironing out some plot points.

4. I managed not only one, but two new blog posts on my "other" blog. Nothing earth shattering, but posts all the same and a nice kick start to a new posting schedule.

5. I set up a blog posting schedule and am going to really put an effort into keeping it....doing it for no one but myself and my own satisfaction. Call it a "self imposed deadline" for keeping me on the right track, writing-wise.

So, how about you? Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Do you have a Friday Five for anything?

I hope you all have a great weekend and now...back to the blogoshpere!

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You had a good week!
Not a Friday Five, but I did post for Vik's "Little Things" Friday fest.

Mark Means said...

Thanks Alex :)

I'm still sorting through my reader this morning, so I'm sure I'll get there, eventually!

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm hoping to fit a few naps into my weekend too. Maybe just one big long nap.

Have a good weekend!

Mark Means said...

Nothing wrong with that, M.J. and you have a good weekend, too :)

Golden Eagle said...

Great Friday Five!

No big plans over the weekend for me . . . yesterday and today have been busy enough. :P

Mark Means said...

Thanks, Golden Eagle and I hope you have a very relaxing weekend :)

Dani said...

Naps sound so nice!!! You did have a very productive week! Nice!

Mark Means said...

Oh yeah...naps are always a hit.

Thanks, Dani :)

Unknown said...

You've had a really productive week. That's great! I wish mine was half as productive. Have a wonderful weekend. :-)

Mark Means said...

Well, Lexa, I'm going to savor it :)

Thanks and you have a great one, too!

Allison said...

Sounds like a good week! Way to set up a posting schedule--I just did that too :)

Allison (Geek Banter)

Mark Means said...

Way to go Allison...hopefully, we can both stick to them :)

Julie Flanders said...

You had a very productive week. I've just been thinking myself about going back to my NaNo project, I've definitely let it sit for too long.

Hope you and Jasmine have had a great weekend. What a great name for a cat! :)

Mark Means said...

Thanks Julie and, yes, you should revisit your NaNo project..I know mine has been a lot of fun going back and editing it. I hope yours is too :)

We did, thanks and I can't take the credit for the name, my wife had her long before I showed up. She's a very sweet kitty, though, and doesn't yell at me for hanging around the house in my underwear :)

Hope you had a great weekend, as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...